King Abdullah II Center for Excellence
The King Abdullah II Center for Excellence was founded in January 2006 according to Bylaw Number (6) of the Year 2006, to manage the ‘King Abdullah II Award for Excellence’, which is considered the most prestigious award for excellence on the national level and in all sectors. His Majesty King Abdullah II appointed His Royal Highness Prince Feisal Bin Al-Hussein as the Chairman of the Center’s Board of Trustees.
To be the primary catalyst towards developing a more internationally competitive Jordan.
King Abdullah II Center for Excellence aims at promoting a culture of excellence in Jordan and the Region through developing excellence frameworks and assessment criteria based on international best practices, assessing organizations' performance, managing King Abdullah II awards for excellence and promoting excellence to public sector, private sector, not-for-profit and non-governmental organizations
♦ Our Objectives
The Center aims at:
- Promoting the culture of excellence through promoting awareness about concepts of distinguished performance, innovation and quality in line with international excellence models.
- Providing a guidance reference and standards to measure the performance of public sector, private sector, not- for-profit- and non-governmental organizations, and promoting positive competition among them.
- Measuring the progress and development in the performance of public sector entities, based on the Award criteria.
♦ The Center’s Board of Trustees
According to the Center’s bylaw, the Board consists of the Chairman, who is appointed by a Royal Decree, and not less than nine experienced and qualified members appointed by the Chairman for a period of two years subject to renewal.
♦ The Steering Committee
This is a sub-committee of the Board of Trustees assigned to follow up on the Center’s work progress, adopt issues to be presented to the Board of Trustees, and follow up on the implementation of the Board’s decisions.
♦ The Executive Director
The Executive Director reports directly to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and is responsible for implementing the decisions of the Board of Trustees.
♦ Strategic Partnerships
- The King Abdullah II Center for Excellence received in 2007 the “Committed to Excellence” Certificate, which is awarded by the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM), which is considered the leading international organization concerned with excellence of performance. With this achievement, the Center becomes the first organization in the Middle East and North Africa Region to acquire this Certificate. The Center is preparing to apply for the next stage "Recognized for Excellence", so as to align all its procedures and processes with international best practices.
- The Center signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Public Sector Development, to strengthen the cooperation in the process of developing the public sector.
- In order to strengthen the cooperation with Arab countries, KACE has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Bahrain Center for Excellence in the Kingdom of Bahrain to develop the performance of institutions in the public and private sectors. KACE, has also signed a cooperation agreement with the Dubai School of Government to strengthen the cooperation between the two parties and the implementation of joint capacity building projects.
♦ Awards Managed by the Center
- “King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency” - Public Sector / www.kaa.jo
- Excellence in Public Service Award
- Innovation in Public Sector Award
- “King Abdullah II Award for Excellence for Private Sector" / www.kaaps.jo
- “King Abdullah II Award for Excellence for Business Associations Sector and Non for Profit Organizations" / www.kaabas.jo
♦ Training Courses and Awareness Seminars
- The Center conducts awareness seminars for organizations participating and willing to participate in the Awards it manages for the public, private and business associations sectors. The seminars aim to introduce these organizations to the awards’ criteria, assessment process, and participation report writing, as well as the Awards’ timeline.
- The Center conducts training courses for organizations participating in the King Abdullah II Awards for Excellence for public, private and business associations sectors with the aim of providing more detailed information about the Award’s criteria, assessment process and method of writing the participation report.
- The Center conducts training courses for nominees to join the Assessors’ Panel for each Award in order to introduce them to the Award’s criteria, assessment process, and method of writing the assessment reports.
- The Center conducts training courses for individuals willing to acquire the "Approved Mentor" certificate that enables them to work with the organizations participating in the King Abdullah II Awards for Excellence. The courses provide the participants with knowledge about mentoring stages, mentor's skills and requirements, mentoring process and tools needed, how to diagnose the organization's current situation through awards criteria, and the assessment mechanizm.
- The Center conducts training courses entitled "How to Translate the Assessment Report into Action Plans" for the participating organizations who are willing to benefit from the assessment report and to translate it into action plans, so as to be reflected on the organization's performance.
- The Center conducts training courses entitled "How to Start the Journey towards Excellence" to provide the organizations who aim at improving their performance with the knowledge needed for self assessment, gap analysis and developing required action plans.
- The Center conducts awareness sessions to spread knowledge, where it invites the winning organizations to share their success stories with other organizations, and to present their distinguished performance and quality strategies. The Center also promotes these success stories in its workshops and relevant conferences.
♦ The Presentation of the Excellence Awards
Under the Royal Patronage, the Center celebrates the winning organization of the King Abdullah II Award for Excellence at a special ceremony where the winning organizations receive a trophy of the Award and a Certificate of Appreciation in recognition for their distinguished performance.