♦ General Format Requirements
1. The Participation report may be written in Arabic or English.
2. Paper size: standard A4 size (210 x 297 mm).
3. Font size: 12 for either Arabic or English.
4. Font style: “Simplified Arabic” for Arabic typing and “Times New Roman” for English typing.
5. In all attachments (graphs, tables, etc.) the same font must be used as in the original text.
6. Line spacing: single space.
7. The pages must be arranged in “Portrait” orientation.
8. In the case of Arabic typing, the number of lines per page must not exceed 30.
9. In the case of English typing, the number of lines per page must not exceed 45.
10. The margin must not be less than (1) inch from the top and bottom and (1.25) inch from the left and right.
11. Report pages must be numbered.
12. Answers must be numbered according to the main criteria and the sub-criteria.
13. All components of the Report must be securely combined to prevent separation during handling.
14. The cover page must include the name of the applicant organization, its logo in English or Arabic, the date of Participation report submission, the name of the Award and its cycle, “King Abdullah II Award for Excellence for the Private Sector - Eighth Cycle (2014/2015)”.
15. Applicant organization submits the participation report and attachments electronically through the assessment system.
16. Applicant organization provides the Center with three separated hardcopies of the Participation report and attachments.
♦ General Instructions and Guidelines
- It is preferred that the participating organization prepares the Participation report through a team of its employees and for this team to study well the contents of the guideline.
- The Award aims to provide a comprehensive assessment report about the participating organization so that the organization will be able to highlight its strengths and focus on the areas for improvement. Therefore, the answers must be accurate and truthful; otherwise the assessment report will yield weak content.
- The information in the Participation report must be clear and accurate, in addition to providing realistic evidences and practical examples as well as recent statistics and supporting documents.
- Number of the participation report papers are (35) and the printing must be on two sides where the total will be (70) pages, and for attachments including tables, graphs, lists and photos number of pages is (75) individual pages.
- The results have to be presented in the participation report pages and not in the attachments. Results can be shown by using graphs and tables to show the targets, trends and comparisons.
- In view of the specified maximum number of pages for answers and attachments, the participating organization must prioritize and focus on the most important points while avoiding long and general answers.
- The participating organization must begin the Participation report with an overview of the organization that includes information about the organization, its products/services, its organizational structure, programs, objectives, philosophy, markets, customers, suppliers, and main competitors, as well as the legislations and laws that govern the work of the organization (the number of pages for the overview must not exceed three pages).
- Under each of the nine main criteria, there are several sub-criteria, each of which includes a number of items. The participating organization must respond to all these items when writing the participation report.
- The participating organization must prepare documents, records, lists, diagrams that support the information stated in the Participation report and attach them to the Report.
- With regard to the attachments, the organization may attach a maximum of two documents in a page while maintaining the need for clarity.
- The participating organization can mention in the list of additional attachments the availability of additional information if it was not able to attach them to the participation report.
- The participating organization must provide a venue for the members of the Assessors Panel upon their visit to the organization and must make the required documents available at that venue. The team of assessors may request any other documents deemed necessary.
- The assessors team are entitled to verify the information stated in the Participation report during the site visit.
- Members of the assessors team may request to interview employees as stated on the site visit’s agenda as well as any employee deemed necessary to interview by the assessors during the assessment process.
- The Center coordinates with the participating organization’s liaison officer in order to set the days of the site visit by the assessors' team.
- The pages of the cover, the list of contents, the organizational structure, the overview of the organization, the glossary of terms and abbreviations and the additional list of attachments are not counted as part of the Report.
- All information received by the King Abdullah II Center for Excellence shall be handled with confidentiality, inclusive of the Participation report, all documents submitted by the organization, and all information viewed during the site visit. This information shall not be used except by the Assessors Panel and the Center’s management for assessment purposes only and shall be handled with the utmost care and attention.